The Locked on Pacers podcast is hosted by Indycornrows staff writer Adam Friedman in collaboration with West Indianapolis Community News Pacers columnist Tony East.
On this week’s show Adam and Tony give their thoughts on the Pacers’ five-game road trip, discuss how important Myles Turner has been to the defense, spend 10 minutes on two possible trade deadline targets and preview this week’s games against the Suns, 76ers, Mavericks and Hornets.
Listen to the podcast by clicking below or here.
Evaluation of the Indiana’s 3-2 record on their five-game road tri[:
- Adam and Tony discuss how important the Pacers’ win over the Bulls was in making the road trip successful.
- Why Victor Oladipo is having a more difficult season than last year.
- Why the Celtics game was a scheduled loss.
Myles Turner’s impact on the defense:
- The guys discuss the downstream effects of Turner’s injury.
- They also talk about how the Pacers defense shifted from relying on Oladipo and Thaddeus Young to building around Turner’s rim protector and pick and roll smothering.
- In a new weekly segment on the Locked on Pacers podcast, the guys talk two possible trade targets as the trade deadline approaches.
- Listen to the show to find out what trades Adam and Tony discussed.
Preview of this week’s games:
- Why the Pacers can beat Phoenix without Myles Turner.
- Why Indiana has to beat Philadelphia in order to stay ahead in the race for a top-three seed in the Eastern Conference.
- Why Tony isn’t buying all the Luka Doncic hype.
- Why the Pacers benefit from a weird scheduling quirk against the Hornets.