The Pacers will wake up to a snowy mess in New York City on Tuesday but it appears the end result of the storm rolling through NYC won't match blizzard projections of 18 inches of snow predicted on Monday.
That's a win for the Pacers since their game against the Knicks at MSG on Tuesday is the first of back-to-back games. The last thing the Pacers need is delayed travel back to Indy before playing the Hornets, who will be in town already on Tuesday.
On Monday, Nate McMillan spoke about the team making plans for various scenarios which may include a game cancellation in New York or playing the game but getting stuck in New York. If temps remain above freezing and the snow continues to slide north of the city, travel shouldn't be a problem.
It would be interesting to see how the league handled to scheduling if they did have to post-pone the game against Charlotte. Both teams have off days scheduled for Thursday (and Friday) so bumping the game to Thursday seems logical.
However, the Fieldhouse is booked up with the NCAA Tournament and team practices all day on Thursday. There are plenty of other venues to try to play which I would think would begin with Hinkle Fieldhouse, which would actually be pretty cool. Assembly Hall in Bloomington will have the IU women playing on Thursday, so other option may include Mackey Arena or the Coliseum at the Fairgrounds. Regardless, it appears the weather will cooperate and alleviate this headache for the team and NBA.
This topic along with prepping for the Knicks and Jermaine O'Neal's return to the Fieldhouse were topics on the latest Locked on Pacers episode. Check it out.