The NBA gave fans a stocking stuffer on Chirstmas Day when they release the first tally of All-Star Game voting results.
No surprise that Pacers star, and NBA Player of the Month for November, Paul George was among the leading vote-getters in the East. Combine PG's play on the court with his comeback story and you have a strong All-Star campaign. Still, it is nice to see PG ranked third overall trailing not too far behind LeBron James and Dwyane Wade overall in the East.
Speaking of good stories helping a campaign, Kobe Bryant leads all players with 719, 235 votes which will put him in the big game for his final NBA season.
Currently, PG, LeBron and DWade would start on the East squad with Andre Drummond and Kyrie Irving. Yep, the fan vote doesn't always get it right. Hopefully, PG will remain among the starters and deservedly so after working through a current slump.
Here are the tally results for the East:
- LeBron James (Cle) 357,937
- Paul George (Ind) 283,785
- Andre Drummond (Det) 148,278
- Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 132,119
- Pau Gasol (Chi) 109,585
- Kevin Love (Cle) 92,177
- Chris Bosh (Mia) 91,896
- Kristaps Porzingis (NYK) 85,606
- Hassan Whiteside (Mia) 72,923
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (Mil) 25,926
- Dwyane Wade (Mia) 300,595
- Kyrie Irving (Cle) 138,191
- Kyle Lowry (Tor) 128,131
- Jimmy Butler (Chi) 111,220
- John Wall (Was) 103,094
- Derrick Rose (Chi) 72,709
- DeMar DeRozan (Tor) 69,042
- Jeremy Lin (Cha) 61,832
- Isaiah Thomas (Bos) 45,014
- Nicolas Batum (Cha) 20,596