The Pacers dug in at the defensive end to hold of the Raptors on Tuesday night for their third win in four nights, moving their record to 28-6 as they move on to Atlanta in search of four W's in a row.
Despite leading throughout the second half against the Raps, the Pacers had some anxious moments along the way when the action took the form reasonable for a couple of teams stuck in travel limbo while dealing with the brutal winter weather. There would be no knockout against the Raps, but the Pacers eventually won on points thanks in large part to the spirited play of Roy Hibbert and Lance Stephenson.
Hibbert is a key difference-maker against Toronto, playing over 30 minutes and scoring at least 20 points in the Pacers two wins over the Raps. Last night he added a little flair with some spin moves in the paint that started out looking like a car spinning off Meridian Street but finished as sweet and pretty as Katarina Witt winning the gold way back in the day.
The Raptors dipped a game below .500 and remain in fourth place in the East, 11.5 games behind the Pacers. The Pacers take on the third place team in the East tonight in Atlanta as the Hawks work through injury issues.
Check out the links:
- Pacers final score: Pacers close out Raptors 86-79
- Raptors vs. Pacers: Game coverage
- Pacers Links: Pacers look to warm up against Raptors, Bulls officially break up core by trading Deng
- Raptors vs. Pacers Update: Pacers, NBA expect to play game as scheduled
- Pacers championship odds, Paul George's MVP candidacy improving