The Pacers continue to send positive vibes out from their training camp workouts which now amounts to eight practices with a game against the Chicago Bulls on Saturday to put some of that hard work to the test in game situations.
Among the items of interest being reported from camp include:
- Danny Granger took some time off from practice on Wednesday after tweaking his back when he ran into a Darnell Jackson screen. The rest was reportedly solely for the back tweak and not the knee, although I'm sure the knee gave a wink and a nod to the back. Granger does expect to play on Saturday.
- With Granger will working back to full capacity, Vogel is leaning toward starting Lance Stephenson against the Bulls. While Vogel stressed that this is not an indication of any plans for the regular season, it remains an opportunity for Stephenson to continue showing his value in the starting role.
- Vogel expects Chris Copeland to play about 90% of his minutes at power forward. If so, it appears this would limit Cope's minutes although Luis Scola could certainly see time as a backup center against several teams which could create a small lineup that would be tough to cover. They'll have to be tough to cover because they will be challenged to stop opponents at the other end.
- According to Scott Agness, the Pacers had a light practice on Thursday which included Vogel sharing the Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake hashtag bit to put everyone in a good mood.
Plenty more nuggets of info in the links below.
Agness’ Observations: Training Camp 2013 | Pacers Blogs
Granger recovering from back "tweak," misses practice | Pacers Insider
Twitter / CandaceDBuckner: It's not entirely settled yet ...
Expect to see Copeland in the PF position | Pacers Insider
Hill has a point about his position with Pacers
West Draws Line in the Sand for Pacers | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
NBA training camp battles to watch | The Point Forward - SI.com
Hill Leading By Example | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
Five NBA offenses on the rise in 2013-14 | The Point Forward - SI.com
Brad Stevens keeping it cool as Boston Celtics open camp - ESPN Boston
Danny Ainge warns Celtics fans not to gear up for an inevitable top draft pick, and franchise stud | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
Eric Gordon out the first two weeks of preseason as a precaution - CBSSports.com
The NBA’s off-the-court youth movement | The Point Forward - SI.com
Greg Oden of Miami Heat practices for first time in four years - ESPN
J.R. Smith delayed surgery until after securing new contract - CBSSports.com
Andrea Bargnani playing a lot of small forward? Bad. Idea. Jeans. | ProBasketballTalk
More from Indy Cornrows:
- Pacers like revamped bench, for real this time
- Pacers Training Camp: Granger easing through two-a-days, Copeland working at both small and power forward
- Pacers Links: Hilton Armstrong added to training camp roster
- Pacers Training Camp: Granger starts strong running with second unit
- Pacers Links: George Hill and Paul George car pool to first day of training camp