The Indiana Pacers have steadfastly stated their desire to ride out the 2013-14 season with Danny Granger, hoping the former All-Star can add an offensive punch to the playing rotation to help push them to the top of the Eastern Conference. The oddsmakers in Las Vegas apparently aren't buying that story.
According to Bovada (@BovadaLV), the odds are 1/2 that Granger will be traded during the season as opposed to 3/2 that he won't. Wow!
The official prop bet question is: Will Danny Granger be traded during the 2013-14 regular season?
Yes: 1/2 (-200)
No: 3/2 (+150)
The first thing I thought, is that the organization could profit nicely by betting one side or the other through an intermediary (I'm available, btw).
This bet is just one of several NBA prop bets Bovada released which includes, among others:
- Will Michael Jordan play a game for the Charlotte Bobcats in the 2013-14 regular season? (Yes 100/1)
- Total games played - Kobe Bryant (O/U 664.5 games)
- Total games played - Greg Oden (O/U 30.5 games)
- Will Omer Asik be traded? (Yes 3/1, No 2/1)
- Will Carlos Boozer be traded? (Yes 3/2, No 1/2)