Another day, another Danny Granger injury update as the Pacers announced on Monday that Granger will be out three more weeks as they take a cautious approach to rehabbing his strained left calf.
This news comes on the heels of news over the weekend that Granger would miss the first two regular season games. Hopefully, we don't hear tomorrow that Granger is out until Christmas.
Keeping Rasual Butler around makes more sense with Granger on the shelf for an extended period of time. If this situation didn't have such a familiar feel to it, I'd have no concerns with the team focusing on Granger being more ready for the last half of the season, but last year at this time news regarding Granger's knee took a similar path.
Since the team is expressing more caution than concern about the calf strain this time around, we can just look at what his short-term absence means, which is an opportunity for Orlando Johnson and/or Solomon Hill to earn a role in the playing rotation.
Check out the links:
More from Indy Cornrows:
- Pacers Links: Danny Granger out three weeks according to latest injury update
- Indy Cornrows Courtside Podcast: Mark Boyle
- Danny Granger injury update: Granger will not play against Magic or Pelicans
- Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose talk Pacers
- Pacers release Hilton Armstrong to cut roster down to 14 players