Indiana Pacers coach Frank Vogel spoke with 1070 The Fan's Dan Dakich about what he saw from the young players in summer league along with what excites him about Gerald Green. If you want to pumped up for the start of the season and nod your head a lot, you will enjoy listening to the unbridled enthusiasm Vogel delivers while discussing his updated roster.
Conrad Brunner also has a look at the positives the Pacers took from summer league, as Vogel declared Lance Stephenson ready to start next season as the backup shooting guard.
"He's ready to get his shot," Coach Frank Vogel said. "The moves we made on our bench are setting him up to be the backup shooting guard and he's going to get the opportunity to go into training camp with that as his role.
"It's time for us to find out, to really find out, about Lance Stephenson. We feel like we've got some guys around him in Gerald Green and D.J. Augustin -- two laser 3-point shooters -- that are just going create space for him to go to work. We're looking forward to seeing him come in and take the next step."
With the offseason moves done for now, the highest-impact move may be from a player already on the roster like Stehpenson, stepping up to contribute in a larger role. Also nice to hear that the Pacers want to keep Julian Mavunga around the Fieldhouse leading up to training camp. He may be an undersized power forward but he knows how to play the game and play a role similar to Carl Landry or Udonis Haslem both of whom have been productive at about the same size as Mavunga.
Check out the rest of the links after the jump.
- Pacers happy with results from summer league - Brunner
- Pacers: An early look at the 2012-13 rotation | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Indiana Pacers sign free agents Roy Hibbert and George Hill; Keep the core intact – NBA News | bettor.com
- Indiana Pacers dunk-off: Gerald Green vs. Paul George - Indy Sports Legends
- Narrowing the Gap | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Are NBA teams giving out "foolish" contracts? Yes. Lockout couldn’t stop that. | ProBasketballTalk
- Winderman: Lin’s offer sheet not problem, Knicks entire payroll is | ProBasketballTalk
- The Dallas Mavericks have put together a quietly engaging offseason’s worth of moves | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Free agent bargain bin: what's left? - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
- New York Knicks announce sign-and-trade deal for Raymond Felton; no decision yet on Jeremy Lin - ESPN New York
- President Barack Obama says 1992 Dream Team would defeat 2012 Olympic team - ESPN