Both NBA Conference Finals series emerged from the weekend knotted at 2-2 which should make for a fabulous week of NBA playoff hoops.
The Oklahoma City Thunder continued attacking the San Antonio Spurs while getting a ridiculous offensive boost from their big men to even the series on Saturday night. Serge Ibaka, Kendrick Perkins and Nick Collison combined to shoot 22 of 25 from the floor in the 109-103 Thunder win. The Thunder might not want to rely on that happening again.
Speaking of attacking, Rajon Rondo led the Boston Celtics attack in the Garden to run out to a big lead before hanging on the beat the Miami Heat in overtime. At halftime, Rondo calmly explained a known strategy for beating the Heat which is to push the ball up the floor while they complain about a non-call at the other end. The Indiana Pacers had a 'run on the whiners' strategy which worked pretty well against the Heat until Dwyane Wade quit whining and just started playing like a beast. We'll see if he and LeBron James can raise their level of play again to hold off the Celtics.
Check out the links after the jump.
- NBA Rumors: Brian Shaw "Waiting" on Orlando Magic Coaching Job, According to Report - Orlando Pinstriped Post
- TNT’s Reggie Miller appreciates Kevin Durant’s performance - BostonHerald.com
- VIDEO: Rajon Rondo Doesn't Feel Like Being Subtle - SBNation.com
- Rajon Rondo said the Celtics were "crying to referees" in his halftime interview (VIDEO) | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- If The Celtics And Heat Were Chess Pieces - From Our Editors - SBNation.com
- Latest on the chase for Steve Nash - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
- Heat fall in OT to Celtics, series now tied at 2 - Peninsula is Mightier
- Thunder vs Spurs 2012 Western Conference Finals: Game 4 Grades - Welcome to Loud City
- Celtics Make It A Series; Heat Make Excuses - Celtics Blog
- Sublime Durant, Thunder even series with reeling Spurs - Pounding The Rock
- Thunder role players need to show up in San Antonio | NewsOK.com
- Spurs Nation " Buck Harvey: Seven years after Detroit, there’s a way out for Spurs
- Spurs Nation " Spurs notebook: S.A. dares Thunder big men to keep shooting
- OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant is becoming the king of closing games | NewsOK.com
- Ethan Skolnick: Miami Heat falls flat when it had a chance to take control of East finals
- 2012 NBA playoffs -- Chris Bosh of Miami Heat to return for Game 5, according to sources - ESPN
- Celtics’ Ray Allen gets his game into fast lane vs. Heat - The Boston Globe
- Squared-up shooters - The Boston Globe
- Heat-Celtics Game 4 reaction from LeBron, Wade and others; more analyst criticism of Spoelstra | Sports Buzz
- 2012 NBA playoffs -- Miami Heat's LeBron James doesn't think he should have fouled out - ESPN
- Small markets finding success in NBA playoffs - Yahoo! Sports