The Pacers still need wins to lock up the third seed in the East along with home court advantage. Their magic number remains at two after Atlanta dispatched with Detroit last night. The Pacers should expect a battle from the Bucks as their backs are truly against the wall after dumping a bad loss on the road at Washington last night. Milwaukee is now 2.5 games behind Philadelphia for a playoff spot with five games to play.
The Pacers are starting to earn the glance of the national media as Mike Wells delves into why no one is paying attention to the Pacers major turn around story. This will no doubt spawn a round of , "hey, no one's paying attention to the Pacers but they are good" stories from said national types, which are starting to pop up already.
While the national writers offer their thoughts on the lack of buzz about the Pacers, they actually expose that the coverage by big media outlets simply simply isn't as thorough as they'd like you to believe. They don't pay attention to every game and actually watch all of the games around the league. Relying on box scores and highlights won't ever tell the story of this Pacers team.
The beauty of it is that it really doesn't matter at this point. Dahntay Jones summed it up perfectly saying, "We just play to win games." No doubt winning games is far more important than media exposure.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Caught in the Web: Pacers rolling thanks to octopus offense | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Third seed Pacers get no national attention | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Indiana Pacers: No playoff series wins, no superstars, no attention | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- The Indiana Pacers feel like they’ve got the recipe for success | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Reggie Hayes: Pacers poised for playoff surprise - News-Sentinel.com
- It’s Time to Support the Blue and Gold | Doing Indy
- PBT Extra: We talk Sessions, Pacers, Calipari and Top Chef | ProBasketballTalk
- Bucks lose, playoff hopes take big hit - JSOnline
- BUCKS BEAT: Much at stake for Hammond, Skiles
- Bucks vs. Pacers Preview: Milwaukee Looks To Pick Up The Pieces, Avoid Indy Sweep - Brew Hoop
- Pacers Vs. Bucks: Indy Can Make It A Season-High Seven Straight Wins - SB Nation Indiana
- NBA Preview - Milwaukee Bucks at Indiana Pacers - Apr 19, 2012 - CBSSports.com