When the New Orleans Hornets take the floor at the Fieldhouse tonight to face the Indiana Pacers, David West will face his former team for the first time. But the Hornets hardly resemble the team West left behind.
Only Marco Belinelli and Trevor Ariza remain among the starting lineup West played with before a knee injury ended his season early last year. Point guard Chris Paul is long gone and former front-court running mates Emeka Okafor and Carl Landry are currently sidelined with their own knee issues.
West knew the situation in New Orleans was unsettled at best with Chris Paul's situation so he decided to look for a more stable situation and found a perfect fit with the Pacers. He should be plenty amped up tonight to show his former team that he still has some game.
The Hornets have struggled mightily this season with Eric Gordon injured and Chris Kaman in and out of favor with the team, but they reeled off three consecutive wins last week before losing last night in Oklahoma City. The Hornets play the Pacers as the middle game of three games in three nights.
Check out the links after the jump.
- PACERS: Caught in the Web Indiana Pacers blog: Hill on verge of return, soothing pain of his absence
- Pacers' West holds no grudges with Hornets | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- PACERS: Countdown to Tipoff: Hornets at Pacers 120221
- Good defense against Oklahoma City's stars not enough for the New Orleans Hornets | NOLA.com
- NBA Preview - New Orleans Hornets at Indiana Pacers - Feb 21, 2012 - CBSSports.com
- The Greg Oden Era: Disappointment, but no regrets - CBSSports.com
- Report: Kobe’s rant directed at dysfunctional Lakers front office | ProBasketballTalk
- Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak responds to Kobe Bryant's rant – USATODAY.com
- J.R. Smith Storytime, With The New York Post And Peter Vescey - From Our Editors - SBNation.com