The Indiana Pacers took care of business last night with a little flair provided by Paul George and Lance Stephenson which was later muted with news of a chip fracture in George Hill's ankle.
So A.J. Price will be lacin' 'em up tight tonight with the Pacers take on the Minnesota Timberwolves. Stephenson took over George's minutes last night and actually played pretty well until zipping a pass off Danny Granger when he wasn't looking. Just my gut, but I have a feeling that Stephenson will continue in the same role he has with Price taking more of George's role in the rotation.
The Pacers have been fortunate to avoid extended injury issues but now with George Hill and Jeff Foster missing from the second unit, they will have to handle the first true adversity of the season. Plus, with the compact schedule, missing a week of games means missing a lot. Hopefully Foster can return at some point this week as the Pacers finish up with three games in four days before Super Bowl Sunday.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Box score: Pacers 106, Nets 99
- PACERS: Rewind: Pacers vs. Nets 120131
- Loss of Hill takes gleam off Pacers' 14-6 start | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers notebook: Focus is on winning, not Super Bowl 2012 | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Nets' comeback attempt falls short as they lose to Indiana Pacers, 106-99 | NJ.com
- George leads Pacers past Nets 106-99 - NBA - AP
- Nets' Late Comeback Falls Short In Indiana - NetsDaily
- Breaking Down Danny Granger’s Shooting Improvement | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Pacers George Hill out indefinitely with chip fracture in ankle | ProBasketballTalk