The Indiana Pacers are in the midst of a pair of off days after winning back-to-back games on Friday (Philadelphia) and Saturday (at Detroit).
Paul George and George Hill need the rest after playing heavy minutes to help secure the W's as the Pacers prepare for a stretch of four games in five days to finish the week. Three of those games are on the road starting on Tuesday with a key Central Division matchup against the Milwaukee Bucks.
The Pacers finish the week with games at home on Wednesday against the Utah Jazz and then on the road at the Cleveland Cavaliers and New Orleans Hornets on Friday and Saturday. With the scheduled strengthening following Christmas Day the Pacers need to take advantage of this week's game. All of these games could go either way depending on which Pacers team shows up, but taking three of four would be a nice way to enjoy a few more days off.
As of Saturday, the Pacers roster is nearly all available for trades. Aside from George Hill and Roy Hibbert, the other players signed in the offseason are now eligible to be traded, including D.J. Augustin and Gerald Green. Of course, at this point, the Pacers would be selling low, rock-bottom low in the case of Augustin, so the Pacers would surely rather try to get Augustin's game going as opposed to moving him for next to nothing.
Check out the links:
- NBA -- Top trade targets - ESPN
- Twitter / ChrisDenari: What does @Pacers @D_West30 do on his off day?
- Bucks none too pleased with record at home - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Joel Przybilla suspended one game for throwing ball at official - Brew Hoop
- NBA Scores: Lakers win again, Raptors outlast Rockets - SBNation.com
- Milwaukee Bucks Lineup Pyramids, Vol. 3 | Corner 3s, please - Brew Hoop
- Derrick Williams among those losing minutes around the NBA | The Point Forward - SI.com
- Ex-NBA player Williams arrested on drug charges | The Point Forward - SI.com
- Report: Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans among those who could be traded this season | ProBasketballTalk
- Chicago Bulls trade rumors: Entire roster eligible to be traded - Blog a Bull