Much has changed since the last time these two teams met in the Twin Cities. Last year the Pacers beat the Timberwolves at the Target Center, 109-99 in one of the most entertaining and impressive wins of the season for the Pacers.
The T'Wolves had yet to be decimated by injuries and were playing well and the Pacers were able to match their level of play. And then Danny Granger went off. Everything the Pacers will miss from Granger over the next three months was on display in this game. He blew his cool with Kevin Love and then used that fire to fuel a 36-point game to shut up love and the home fans.
This time around, Granger won't have an impact but don't look for any sympathy from Minnesota. They are playing without Ricky Rubio (knee) and Kevin Love (hand), instead relying on a group of young players to come together and play well with newly acquired veterans, Brandon Roy and Andrei Kirilenko. Hmmm, sounds familiar. So far so go, as Minny is out of the gate with a 3-1 record.
Check out the links which includes a story with Roy Hibbert discussing his struggles so far this season.
- Pacers' Roy Hibbert: 'I'm not just not getting it done' | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Denari's Den with Guest Quinn Buckner | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Former Pacers Player Maceo Baston Enjoying Life After Basketball | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers TV ratings highest since 2007 | 2012-11-08 | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com
- NBA Preview - Indiana Pacers at Minnesota Timberwolves - Nov 09, 2012 - CBSSports.com
- Pacers-Timberwolves Preview - Yahoo! Sports
- Gerald Green finally finds home with the Pacers - Raptors HQ
- Charley Walters: Timberwolves still finding their way, David Kahn says - TwinCities.com
- Minnesota Timberwolves: Off to slow start, Brandon Roy still working his way back into shape - TwinCities.com
- Wolves v. Pacers, Game #5 On The Road To 81-1 - Canis Hoopus
- Mickael Pietrus In Talks With Pacers Other Teams - RealGM Wiretap
- NBA: Indiana Pacers problems deeper than missing Danny Granger - ESPN (Insider)