Why couldn't Greg Popovich rest Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green when the San Antonio Spurs played in Indiana?
The Pacers might really be on a roll had Coach Pop sent his stars home from Indy as he did last night in Miami. As it was, the Pacers still coughed up a big win, but played well enough for long stretches of that game to maintain a little positive momentum before they hit the road.
Now with a win over the Los Angeles Lakers, the Pacers have won three of their last four with a couple of off days to keep practicing before taking on the Sacramento Kings tonight at Sleep Train Arena. For whatever reason, the Kings always give the Pacers fits.
Last season the Kings beat the Pacers in Sacramento before Indiana went on to beat Golden State and the Lakers. That should serve as motivation for the Pacers to remain on the grind tonight against the Kings.
Plus, this game wraps up the season series between the two teams. Indiana escaped with a double-OT win in the home opener earlier in the season. So yeah, effort and execution remain a priority.
Check out the links:
- Hasn't always been pretty, but Pacers have held it together this season | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Game Preview: Pacers at Kings | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- According to Boyle: How I Would Cast a Movie Based on 1990s Pacers-Knicks Rivalry | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers-Kings Preview - AP
- Hayes' study habits let him play it smart - Kings/NBA - The Sacramento Bee
- Kings game plan vs. Indiana - Kings/NBA - The Sacramento Bee
- The subtle improvement of Jason Thompson - Sactown Royalty
- Mavericks to sign veteran point guard Derek Fisher on Thursday | Dallas Mavericks Blog
- Mavs Carlisle thinking of starting Fisher, benching Collison | ProBasketballTalk
- Darren Collison inactive with sprained finger - Dallas Mavericks Blog - ESPN Dallas
- Bogut bombshell: Surgery was serious - SFGate
- Warriors, Come Out and Play … Defense - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Spurs to sit Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Danny Green against Heat, because Gregg Popovich gives 0 expletives | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Rondo suspended two games for fight | The Point Forward - SI.com
- David Stern: Be careful where you step in punishing Popovich, Spurs | ProBasketballTalk