The Toronto Raptors outlasted the Indiana Pacers for a 74-72 win on Tuesday and needless to say it was difficult to watch.
The Pacers coulda, woulda, shoulda won running away in the fourth quarter but just couldn't make enough shots. And by shots I mean, good, open looks I'd be happy with David West, Roy Hibbert, Paul George and George Hill taking tonight in Milwaukee or any night for that matter.
The 14-5 fourth quarter was just horrendous and frustrating to watch. Like one of those dreams where you're trying to escape to safety and just can't get the traction to move out of harms way until you wake up in a sweat. Possession after possession with a chance to take control of the game, the Pacers couldn't convert at the offensive end, save for George Hill getting to the rim a few times.
I mean, the Raptors were like one of those Triathlon athletes who races out in front and then just breaks down 100 yards before the finish line and can't take another step. But instead of running past the Raps and breaking the tape, the Pacers stopped to help carry Toronto across the finish line.
I can't remember seeing such a strange finish and I hope I never see one like it again. The Pacers have a chance to put this mess behind them on Wednesday night when they hit the road to take on the Milwaukee Bucks.
Check out the links:
- Raptors at Pacers - Box score and highlights
- Game Rewind: Pacers 74, Raptors 76 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers Set Defensive Record, But Offensive Woes Continue | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers fall to road-weary Raptors 74-72 | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers notebook: Vogel to keep Stephenson and Green in rotation, sit Young | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Punchless Pacers come up empty in loss to Raptors | 1070 The Fan – Opinion & Analysis
- DeRozan leads Raptors past Pacers, 74-72 - AP
- Pacers: Here’s your chance to be the Pacers president/GM/head coach | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Weary Raptors hold off Indiana Pacers 74-72 - thestar.com
- Raptors Final Score: Raptors Win an Ugly One, 74-72 vs the Indiana Pacers - Raptors HQ
- Calderon nets triple-double in Raptors’ win | The Chronicle Herald
- Post-Game Grades: Indy Plays So Bad Early vs Toronto that Even Historic Defense Doesn’t Allow Them to Come Back | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Pacers-Bucks Preview - AP
- Pacers Host 15th Annual "Come To Our House Dinner" Thursday | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS