Whatever Frank Vogel is doing as coach of the Indiana Pacers it is working because he has his team working well together and playing better than the sum of their parts on most nights.
They've even started to execute a little better down the stretch. Vogel has the player motivation part of his coaching duties down to a science, so as he moves into year two at the helm of the Pacers, those technical aspects of game management (late game fouls, playing rotations, play calling) for all 48 minutes need to continue to improve.
Vogel may need to get creative to motivate his players to not sleep on the New Jersey Nets tonight. The Nets are still missing Brook Lopez and will be without rookie MarShon Brooks and DeShawn Stevenson. But with Deron Wililams in action the Nets will always have a chance.
After the jump, check out the links with more on Vogel's first year with the Pacers. Mike Wells has some nice quotes from Danny Granger and Dahntay Jones on the change and Vogel's impact.
- PACERS: Caught in the Web Indiana Pacers blog: In one year, Vogel transforms defense
- Nets' MarShon Brooks, DeShawn Stevenson to miss game at Pacers | NJ.com
- Pacers continue to win on the road - Brunner - FS Midwest
- Frank Vogel Has a Retort for Derrick Rose | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- The Point Forward " Posts Monday Musings: In search of the perfect fit for big man Chris Kaman "
- Nets rookie MarShon Brooks has broken little toe - WSJ.com
- Frank Vogel defends Indiana Pacers' celebration, jabs Chicago Bulls - ESPN Chicago
- Some visualizations of Deron Williams’ Jekyll-and-Hyde season | Nets Are Scorching
- Dwight Howard lost pass to rip teammates - NBA - Yahoo! Sports