Apparently Chicago Bulls' super guard Derrick Rose didn't enjoy seeing the Indiana Pacers enjoy beating his team. According to K.C. Johnson, Rose is already looking forward to the teams going at it again.
DRose: "I will never forget how they celebrated just from winning this game. I can't wait to play them again." #Bulls
Rose is admirably stoic after every game, never appearing too excited after a win, but the Pacers actually enjoy the process of winning. As an extension of their coach Frank Vogel, they are more engaged in the process from game-planning to executing on the floor, with the players having more input and thus appearing more invested than in past years.
So they take losses hard, as they did in Sacramento and again on Sunday after losing to Orlando, and they appreciate the effort it takes to put away a win, especially in Chicago. Fortunately, threats from Derrick Rose about the next game aren't too frightening since he always plays hard and demands the attention of all five defenders on the court. If he doesn't want to witness the Pacers celebrate a win, because they do celebrate wins, he just has to play better.
Also, as expected, Roy Hibbert did not sign a contract extension prior to Wednesday's deadline for 2008 draft picks. The deadline also passed without an extension for George Hill which is more surprising. According to Mike Wells, the sides were about $1.5 mil/year apart which doesn't seem like a huge difference to work through.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Box score: Pacers 95, Bulls 90
- PACERS: Rewind: Pacers vs. Bulls 120125
- Pacers rally to hand Bulls 1st home loss | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers notebook: Hill, Hibbert must wait on contract extensions | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Granger, Hibbert lead Pacers - NBA - AP
- Bulls-Pacers: Chicago Bulls rally falters in 95-90 loss to Indiana Pacers - chicagotribune.com
- Pacers flex muscle, beat Bulls - Chicago Sun-Times
- Indiana Pacers show Chicago Bulls that winning the Central won't be a gimme - ESPN Chicago
- Pacers 95, Bulls 90: Indiana wrestles and keeps 2nd half lead to hand Bulls first home loss - Blog a Bull
- Post-Game Grades: Pacers Become the First Road Team to Win in Chicago This Year | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- BULLS SUFFER FIRST HOME DEFEAT - CSNChicago.com
- Absence of Deng, Gibson felt vs. Pacers - Chicago Bulls Blog - ESPN Chicago
- NBA Scores And More: Lakers Take Battle Of L.A., Pacers Edge Wounded Bulls, Warriors Handle Blazers - SBNation.com
- Baseline to Baseline recaps: Indiana gets a little revenge | ProBasketballTalk
- Hornets, Eric Gordon Fail to Agree Terms of Extension - At The Hive
- Report -- Eric Gordon rejects New Orleans Hornets' extension offer - ESPN
- Details emerge of league’s new revenue sharing plan | ProBasketballTalk