The Indiana Fever are having another solid WNBA campaign, leading the Eastern Conference with a 19-9 record despite a loss last night to their nemesis, the Atlanta Dream. I bring this up because I caught the end of this game and absolutely loved seeing the Fieldhouse rocking for the Fever.
There were about 9,000 fans there filling the club and lower level of the Fieldhouse which is a great crowd for a beautiful Saturday night. As the Fever continue making their push toward the playoffs they are definitely worth going to check out.
Also, I'm catching up on a few links from the past few days including a story about Ron Artest that is alarmingly unsurprising. First, his name change to Metta World Peace was held up by the court, likely making Artest the first person ever to have a name change denied pending the payment of oustanding traffic tickets.
Yep, that makes sense, as does Ronnie's explanation to Marc Spears about why he is changing his uniform number to 70.
"I’m changing it to 70 because it’s like something to do with the universe," Artest said. "Everything kind of repeats itself. The universe is one. It’s the same thing. Healthy minds, just keeping the kids positive."
Of course, when I say Ronnie's explanation makes sense I mean I expected the explanation to be nonsense. Name? Number? Some things never change and it's always entertaining.
More links after the jump including a solid dissent from Jared Wade on Reggie's GM potential.
- Reggie Miller Probably Isn’t the Best GM Option
- Best NBA arenas: Indiana Pacers' Conseco Fieldhouse is one of the best NBA arenas - Orlando Sentinel
- NBA’s Most Cost-Efficient PGs | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors
- Atlanta is thorn in Indiana's side | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- No name change for Artest just yet - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- NLRB decision expected next week in lockout case | ProBasketballTalk