Nope, Vogel is more interested in the experienced NBA assistant who went through the process of preparing two NBA championship teams while on the bench with the Houston Rockets. Boylen is now officially a Pacers coach having been profiled by Conrad Brunner and spen time on The Crate.
The personality seems to have survived through the rough times in Utah and that experience in the lead chair should enhance his work as an assistant, providing information and advice to fuel Vogel's decision-making process.
After the jump, a few more links of interest including stories on the NBA labor meetings scheduled for today. No miracles are expected but both sides sitting at the table is progress, so we'll take what we can get at this point.
- PACERS: Caught in the Web Indiana Pacers blog - Experienced Boylen a good fit for Vogel's staff
- NBA lockout: Next meeting Monday, what are the issues? - USATODAY.com
- Fisher thinks there’s movement on BRI compromise if the owners back off the hard cap | ProBasketballTalk
- Full Court Frame Work: Moving Forward | Hardwood Paroxysm
- NBPA prez Derek Fisher -- Lockout's 'been weirdly quiet' - ESPN Los Angeles
- Little hope of NBA unlock in August - NYPOST.com
- Legend vs. Star: Larry Bird vs. Dirk Nowitzki - CBSSports.com
- Reports: Lawrence Frank, Detroit Pistons agree on 3-year contract - Detroit Bad Boys