With no reported hope, the NBA players and owners are scheduled to meet today one last time in an effort to avoid a lockout with the current CBA set to expire tomorrow.
The July 1st deadline also forces players and teams to make decisions their respective options for contract extensions. Most are routine decisions, like Utah making sure pick up Gordon Hayward's options, while others are more intriguing.
Denver big man, Nene Hillario is passing up the last year of his contract worth around $12 million to become free agent. The Indiana Pacers will surely have an interest in Nene at the right price but I wouldn't get my hopes up for the big fella fortifying the front court for the Pacers whenever they return to action.
The one guy that Gentry said stood out, besides Morris, was Butler forward Matt Howard. "I think he's one of those smart, smart guys who will eventually find his way into the league."
Hardly surprising but nice to hear. Hopefully Howard will have plenty of options to pick and choose from as he tries to secure a NBA roster spot and Reggie Miller reaches out to George Hill.
After the jump, a few more links of interest including Ron Artest trying to explain his efforts to change his name to Metta World Peace.
- Lockout could cool Pacers' momentum | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Kravitz: Pacers' best options at power forward | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Phoenix Suns Hold Free Agent Mini-Camp With Matt Howard, Sean Williams And Many Others - Bright Side Of The Sun
- Reggie tweets some love George Hill's way
- Blazers offer oft-injured Oden qualifying offer - fox59.com
- NBA owners, players to meet Thursday - ESPN
- Utah Jazz exercise options on C.J. Miles, Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward - ESPN
- Denver Nuggets' Nene to opt out of contract, become an unrestricted free agent - The Denver Post
- Report: Mike Woodson gets second interview with Detroit Pistons - ESPN
- Larry Bird has one more year with his Indiana Pacers - Ball Don't Lie - NBA Blog - Yahoo! Sports
- Rick Teverbaugh: Hill is a good fit for Pacers " Sports " The Herald Bulletin
- Ron Artest Explains 'Metta World Peace' - From Our Editors - SBNation.com