Before his introductory press conference yesterday at Conseco Fieldhouse, George Hill re-tweeted two messages from San Antonio assistant coach, Chad Forcier (@NBAcoach).
Two kinds of guys that play in the NBA: 1) guys that are playing pro basketball, 2) guys that are actually PROFESSIONALS.
Be a PRO, not just a guy who is playing in the pros! There is a huge difference!
That would be the theme for Hill's comments much of the day as he worked his way through the press conference, Pacers Crate and several radio interviews. That Pacers are excited about adding G3 to the mix for that very reason. He's not a vocal leader but he goes about his business in a professional manner which will allow him to lead by example.
Sounds like another guard who used to wear 31 at the Fieldhouse. While Reggie Miller could talk to opponents and the media with the best of them, he was known more for leading by example with his teammates through his work ethic and game preparation.
George Hill is not Reggie Miller as a player, OK. But no team can have enough players who treat their craft like a professional and prepare to win. Hill is that type of player.
Also, Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Pacers are interested in David West who is now a free agent. West suffered a season-ending ACL tear in his left knee on March 24th but expects to be ready to play again by November 1st.
After the jump, a few more links of interest including a couple of Hill's radio interviews.
- Pacers hope Hill brings leadership to floor - Caught in the Web
- Pacers hope Hill provides leadership | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Kravitz: Hill's return is what's right with Pacers | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- George Hill and David Morway joined JMV on 1070 The Fan (podcast)
- George Hill "Super Excited" to join hometown Pacers - fox59.com
- George Hill with Dan Dackich on 1070 The Fan (podcast)
- George Hill press conference and interview on Pacers Crate at Pacers.com
- West likely done in New Orleans - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Pacers' Hill hopes to follow in Reggie's footsteps - USATODAY.com
- Back to the Internet 'stone ages' for the NBA - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
- Guten Morgen! Ben Hansbrough Sings With German Team - SB Nation Indiana