It's official, the Miami HEAT and the Dallas Mavericks are in the NBA finals. After the start of the year, it didn't look like the HEAT had enough outside of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. However, they pulled it together and are in the NBA finals in year one of the "Big 3". I am rooting strongly for Coach Rick Carlisle and the Dallas Mavericks. Dirk Nowitzki has looked great this post season and deserves to get another shot at the NBA championship and coincidentally, he will face the HEAT again. Nowitzki has gotten the same pre-championship Peyton Manning label..."great player, but no ring". I don't always agree with Mark Cuban's strategies, but he has put together another solid team and I hope to see Nowitzki shake the label.
Outside the two teams still playing, the Indiana Pacers are prepping for this year's NBA draft. They had their first workout, without a head coach in place. JuJuan Johnson was the headliner and seems to be putting nothing but positive thoughts into scouts heads as he answers questions about his strength. Check out the interviews on the Pacers.com links below for further breakdown of players.
After the jump, check out the rest of the links of the day.
- Pacers.com -- draftee interviews
- Want to hear a good story, kids? Just call a Pacer | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Ex-Boiler Johnson tries to show Pacers his value | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com JaJuan Johnson got a chance to work out for his hometown team Thursday, knowing that NBA decision-makers are still forming their opinions of him.
- Caught in the Web: Johnson has combination of experience, upside
- JaJuan Johnson works out with the Pacers - fox59.com
- Frank Vogel Not In Attendance At Pacers Pre-Draft Workout - SB Nation Indiana
- Purdue’s Johnson works out for Pacers, wants to prove ‘I can bang down low’ | Pacers Insider blog | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Josh Selby seeks to prove he ‘deserves’ shot | KUsports.com
- David West has yet to decide if he will opt out | ProBasketballTalk
- Ricky Rubio's move to Minnesota Timberwolves still blocked by hurdles, source say - ESPN