I'm straight West Coastin' this week so excuse the lunch-time links arriving a little late. After the Chicago Bulls threw their best at the Miami Heatand thumped them in the UC last night, along with the Oklahoma City Thunder advancing with their Game 7 pounding of the Memphis Grizzlies, a day off from NBA action turns the focus to open coaching slots around the league.
The Pacers have yet to contact potential candidates Mike Brown, Dwane Casey or Chuck Person, according to sources. Expect the Pacers to start reaching out to them.
Brown (Golden State), Casey (Houston and Golden State) and Person (Golden Sate and Lakers) are all in the running for other jobs around the league, according to reports.
I honestly never thought Chuck Person would be a coach during his playing career, but the fact that he has put in the work and developed into such a respected coach around the league is pretty cool. More on the coaches in the links after the jump.
Also, thanks to Hicks at Pacers Digest, there are a few links with video of Fank Vogel in 8th grade performing on David Letterman. This may tip the scales in Vogel's favor once and for all because he can coach the team and provide halftime entertainment.
- Coaching search should pick up | Pacers Insider blog | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Lakers assistant Chuck Person to interview for Warriors job - latimes.com
NBA AM: Finding The Right Coach - Basketball News & NBA Rumors -
The Pacers are among four teams looking to fill their coaching vacancy.
- Sources: Los Angeles Lakers' Chuck Person, Brian Shaw to meet with Golden State Warriors, sources say - ESPN Los Angeles
Frank Vogel's Totally Appropriate 'Stupid Human Trick' - From Our Editors - SBNation.com
Hicks from PD brought this gem to light and it is fabulous. Go to 5:04 and enjoy.
- Frank Vogel, David Letterman, A Basketball, A Tooth Brush... Go! - ...But this is Indiana! - SB Nation Indiana
- An Adolescent Frank Vogel Spins a Basketball on a Toothbrush on Late Night With David Letterman
Rick Welts, out of the closet - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
Rick Welts is not just the president of the Suns, but also an NBA figure who matters, having left a lasting impact from his time in the league office. Great stuff, from Henry here.
- Report: Owners first asked for $45 million hard salary cap | ProBasketballTalk
- The Point Forward " Posts The accidental impact of Taj Gibson "