I suppose after such a strong effort all week long the Indiana Pacers were due for a low-intensity, high-ugly game. The Memphis Grizzlies are fighting for a playoff spot just like the Pacers, but the difference is the Grizzlies looked like they wanted it last night and the Pacers didn't. Fortunately, the Charlotte Bobcats lost again so the 8th playoff spot is still in the Pacers hands.
The Pacers need to bring that drive they had against the New York Knicks, the Boston Celtics and the Chicago Bulls into this upcoming week. They play all sub-500 teams and have a great opportunity to cement themselves in the 8th spot. However, over the past few weeks we have seen very poor play against inferior teams and great play against superior teams. They will take on the New Jersey Nets (who have played well since Deron Williams was acquired), the Bobcats, the Sacramento Kings, and the Detroit Pistons. I will be the first to admit, I thought 3-2 would be very tough to accomplish against last week's schedule....but they accomplished it with a real opportunity to complete the week at 4-1. This week's schedule appears to be weaker, so what do you guys think the Pacers can accomplish with the softer week? After the jump, check out the links of the day...
- Box Score
- PACERS: Game Rewind: Grizzlies 99, Pacers 78 Darren Collison scored 17 points but the Pacers were defeated by the Grizzlies 99-78 in Memphis on Saturday night. Danny Granger added 17 points and five rebounds while Tyler Hansbrough chipped in with 14 points and five rebounds.
- Never even close | Pacers Insider blog | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com Never even close
- Pacers helpless against Grizzlies' quick hands | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The Indiana Pacers knew what to expect from the Memphis Grizzlies. The message was written on the big dry erase board inside the locker room before the game: The Grizzlies lead the league in steals and forced turnovers.
- Indiana Pacers vs. Memphis Grizzlies - Recap - March 19, 2011 - ESPN NBA Basketball Recap: Final statistics from the Indiana Pacers vs. Memphis Grizzlies game played on March 19, 2011
- Tony Allen's 19 help Memphis Grizzlies rout Pacers, 99-78 " The Commercial Appeal Tony Allen had 19 points and a career-high 11 rebounds to help the Memphis Grizzlies beat the Indiana Pacers 99-78 at FedExForum.
- Straight Outta Vancouver
- Charlotte Bobcats vs. San Antonio Spurs - Recap - March 19, 2011 - ESPN NBA Basketball Recap: Final statistics from the Charlotte Bobcats vs. San Antonio Spurs game played on March 19, 2011