|February 27, 2011 - 12:00PM EST|
|Radio: 93.1FM WIBC TV: No local TV|
|Steve Nash||PG||Darren Collison|
The Indiana Pacers tip off early Sunday against the visiting Phoenix Suns. I'm sorry, I think the official name of today's opponent is: Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns.
The wily, veteran point guard is still getting it done, averaging a double-double with a less-potent stable of running mates than he used to direct in his MVP years. Of course, there's plenty of talent on the Suns to give the Pacers fits, so the home team will have to make sure they wake up early and arrive at the Fieldhouse ready to roll.
The loss to Utah was a real step back for the Pacers. The post-game locker room was in a foul mood. In fact, the place was bordering on combustible, which made me wonder if that crew can navigate through some real adversity by digging deep to dig in and improve their play.They aren't in a bad place yet, but some leaders better emerge to keep everyone on the same page.
Frank Vogel will be tested as well, to see if he can reign in any issues that may arise. Vogel has put a lot of responsibility on the players by giving them the freedom to perform in a less restrictive environment. There's no JOB to point toward to place blame for poor effort and execution. The players have to find a way to point that blame at each other in a constructive way to correct poor play without dividing the locker room.
You know what would really help? A win against the Suns today.
Here is the Pacers.com preview.
For a Phoenix perspective, check out Bright Side of the Sun.
Leave your thoughts and observations on the game in the comments. After the jump, a few links of interest to peruse prior to tip.
- Pacers must deal with Steve Nash - Jeff Rabjohns reports on the Pacers preparing for Phoenix today.
- Early Game Preview: Phoenix Suns at Indiana Pacers - Bright Side Of The Sun
- Phoenix Suns center Marcin Gortat provides consistent rebounding
- Utah Jazz notebook: Gordon Hayward receives warm homecoming | Deseret News
- Gordon Hayward Dunks on Paul George’s HeadGordon Hayward Dunks on Paul George’s Head
- Suns-Pacers Preview - Feb. 26, 2011 - NBA - CBSSports.com