Both the NBA owners and players have groups with divergent thoughts on the latest CBA deal, which means they must be close to a deal. When the owners have different camps angry with each other and the proposed deal, while the players have an antsy group ready to sign and play compared to a hard-line group ready to decertify, the deal must be pretty reasonable.
A deal that no one likes is one fans will love because it may just put the players back on the court.
NBPA player representatives are expected to meet today (Dahntay Jones repping the Pacers, according to Mike Wells) and both the owners and players may meet today in advance of David Stern's Wednesday deadline. Check out the details in the links which are sure to change as the day progresses.
- NBA Labor Buzz: Latest updates - CBSSports.com
- To vote or not to vote? - CBSSports.com - Berger
- NBA lockout -- Some NBA owners express displeasure with David Stern's 50-50 offer, sources say - ESPN
- NBA owners, players could talk before deadline - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- NBA Lockout Doomsday Clock Ticking As 30 Players' Union Representatives Meet - SB Nation
- N.B.A. - Players Face Choices, None of Them Appealing - NYTimes.com
- N.B.A. - In Letter to Union, Stern Details His Ultimatum - NYTimes.com