Following UFC 119 putting on an exciting show at Conseco Fieldhouse last night, the Indiana Pacers tip off their 2010 training camp this week with 17 players on the roster. Fifteen of those players are currently under contract with second round pick Magnum Rolle and free agent Lance Allred looking to find away onto the regular season roster should a spot open up. From all accounts, all 17 players will be healthy and ready to take part in workouts from day one.
Here's a look at some key preseason dates before the regular season begins in San Antonio on October 27th.
- Monday, Sept. 27th -- Media Day
- Tuesday, Sept. 28th -- Training camp workouts begin
- Wednesday, Oct. 6th -- @ Memphis Grizzlies
- Friday, Oct. 8th -- vs. Orlando Magic
- Saturady, Oct. 9th -- @ Houston Rockets
- Wednesday, Oct. 13th -- vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Friday, Oct. 15th -- vs. New Orleans Hornets
- Tuesday, Oct. 19 -- @ Minnesota Timberwolves
- Friday, Oct. 22 -- @ Chicago Bulls
After the jump the training camp roster and a few links of interest including videos with Jim O'Brien and Walter McCarty and more on the big success of the UFC event last night which may bring more good future paydays for the Fieldhouse.
- Jim O'Brien on Pacers.com discussing the upcoming season.
- New assistant coach Walter McCarty joins Pacers Crate to discuss his role with the team and his early impressions of the players' work ethic this summer.
UFC card is a huge hit with Hoosiers
Phillip B. Wilson reports on the successful UFC event at Conseco Fieldhouse last night.
Allocation Rule Change Strengthens NBA, D-League Affiliate Bond -- NBA FanHouse
Not that the Pacers utilize their Fort Wayne affiliate, but this may help encourage them to do so.
Carmelo Anthony four-team trade enters holding pattern - ESPN
Marc Stein reports that the rumored Melo trade remains on ice which leaves several players in uncertain territory as team camps begin.