I have a new favorite draft prospect after listening to the latest round of interviews from the Indiana Pacers' workout yesterday.
The Fieldhouse workout included big men Ekpe Udoh (Baylor), Greg Monroe (Georgetown), Gavin Edwards (UConn) and Magnum Rolle (Louisiana Tech) along with second-round point guard prospects Tory Jackson (Notre Dame) and Jerome Randle (Cal).
Based on the interviews it sounds like a lively workout including some power dunks from the big fellas. But the highlight for me was La Tech's Magnum Rolle. First of all, the name is spectacular, but his interview sent him off the charts among the loveable-prospects-I-can't-ever-recall-seeing-play. Details.
The highlight came after Bruno asked Rolle what type of NBA player he expects to be and in 3-5 years who might we compare him to.
Rolle casually responded, "To one of the old legends." Perfect.
After the jump, links to the interviews along with comments from David Morway and everyone's new found love for Ron Artest.
- Mike Wells reports on Ron Artest winning his title and then apologizing to the Pacers.
- Bill Ingram talks to David Morway and confirms the Pacers looking at the draft and trades to make any significant moves since cap space is so limited.
- All of the latest draft prospect interviews are up at Pacers.com Draft Central.
- Bruno catches up with the pre-draft news after a little vacation.
- Mike Wells reports on Ekpe Udoh attracting a lot of attention from the Pacers after his second workout.
- Ridiculous Upside's SB Nation mock draft continues. With a few intriguing names still on the board, I reached for Avery Bradley since I couldn't deal the pick. At least I'm not alone in that thinking according to HoopsWorld which is interesting since they just talked with David Morway.
- Andrew Sharp shares some stories about Ron Artest and why everyone should enjoy seeing his success in the Finals. Well, except for us, of course because is will never make sense around here.
- Holly Mac offers another love letter to Ronnie after his big night.