With all of the Game 1's complete for the first round of the NBA Playoffs, we had to wait to the last game late last night for a lower-seed road win. The Portland Trail Blazers rose up (from the Rose City) to take down the Phoenix Suns.
The win was a surprise considering Brandon Roy was not available for the Blazers and the Suns cruised into the playoffs off a strong close to the season. It's also not a surprise since the Blazers have shown remarkable resilience all season and Nate McMillan always seems to have his team prepared to win regardless of the circumstances.
The Blazers rode some the veteran savvy of Andre Miller and Marcus Camby to make this 3-6 matchup a series from the start.
So, here's to the Game 2's offering at least a couple of more upsets and some tight games as the lower seeds make their adjustments and play with a sense of desperation as opposes playing with a twinge of resignation which seemed prevalent in several games this weekend.
More NBA Playoffs coverage after the jump.
All of the SB Nation NBA sites with playoff teams are providing top notch coverage as is the norm. Make sure you check 'em out for all of the angles on all of the matchups, as well ast SB Nation's NBA page for more coverage.
1. Cleveland Cavaliers (Fear The Sword) vs. 8. Chicago Bulls (Blog a Bull)
2. Orlando Magic (Orlando Pinstriped Post) vs. 7. Charlotte Bobcats (Rufus on Fire)
3. Atlanta Hawks (Peachtree Hoops) vs. 6. Milwaukee Bucks (Brew Hoop)
4. Boston Celtics (Celtics Blog) vs. 5. Miami Heat (Peninsula is Mightier)
1. Los Angeles Lakers (Silver Screen and Roll) vs. 8. Oklahoma City Thunder (Welcome to Loud City)
2. Dallas Mavericks (Mavs Moneyball) vs. 7. San Antonio Spurs (Pounding The Rock)
3. Phoenix Suns (Bright Side of the Sun) vs. 6. Portland Trail Blazers (Blazers Edge)
4. Denver Nuggets (Denver Stiffs) vs. 5. Utah Jazz (SLC Dunk)