The Pacers looked all too familiar in the first half last night. It seemed all too much like last year on the defensive end. The game was tied at half, but this year's Pacers showed up once again in the third quarter. They came out hot and fought off Beno Udrih and DeMarcus Cousins, who both had very solid games for the Kings. The Pacers allowed a few mini runs, but were strong and consistent enough to keep the lead and come out with another solid win.
The Pacers now have the task of trying to stop the red-hot Utah Jazz, who currently sit at 14-5. The Jazz have an all around solid team, but it will be interesting to see what they do to stop Deron Williams. Al Jefferson is acclimating to his new team quite well so far, it should be a fun battle to watch down-low against him and the Bash Brothers tandem, Tyler Hansbrough and Josh McRoberts.
After the jump check out the links of the day...
- Official Box Score
- Defense comes through again for the Pacers Mike Wells reports on the state of the "blue-collar" Pacers
- Pacers find defensive intensity, turn back Sacramento Kings There was no screaming or throwing of the clipboard at halftime by Jim O'Brien. The Indiana Pacers coach simply showed his team the hustle stats from the first half of their game against the Sacramento Kings.
PACERS: GAME REWIND: PACERS 107, KINGS 98
Game Rewind has highlights, analysis, notes, quotes and stats from the Pacers-Kings game Tuesday night in Sacramento.
- Pacers beat Kings, keep winning on road trip The Indiana Pacers easily could have been mistaken for another team during the first 24 minutes of their game against the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday night.
- Kings lose focus again, fall to Pacers Game review from Sacramento's perspective.
- Kings 98, Pacers 107: Third Quarter Collapse - Sactown Royalty
- Josh McRoberts’ Sick Give-and-Go Alley Oop
- Game Preview: Pacers-Jazz
- Hibbert's Hard Work Paying off I always enjoy Hibbert getting some praise for all his hard work this summer....this is just a small sampling...
- Roy Hibbert is destroying people for the Indiana Pacers and it's fun | Hardwood Paroxysm Matt Moore heaps some more well-deserved praise on the emergence of Roy Hibbert.
- A look at the 2011 Hall of Fame candidates Reggie highlighting the 2011 Hall of Fame class....along with a couple other former Pacers who have a shot to get in...
- NBA suspends Bobcats G Stephen Jackson 1 game We haven't had this in a while....so, I wanted to point out the luxury we have now.
- How should LeBron handle villain role? Ask Reggie Man, this article brought back fond memories! Reggie jawing at the crowd, especially Spike Lee, will always have a warm place in my heart...
- biding his time Gordon Hayward was on top of the college basketball world eight months ago. He was a half-court heave away from completing an incredible Cinderella run for the Butler Bulldogs in the title game of the NCAA Tournament.
- Conley key as Grizzlies hand Lakers third straight loss Mike Conley has one of his best games last night...against the Lakers, who now have lost three in a row