No need for too big of an introduction today as the signing of Solomon Jones dominated the Indiana Pacers news waves yesterday. So let's get right to the links so you can get your fill of the newest Pacers member.
- Jeff Rabjohns writes about how much Jones loves talking (and hopefully playing) defense. Rabjohns also has an interesting story in the Indianapolis Star today about a new summer league just for NBA players that takes place in Broad Ripple every Friday and Saturday. Players such as Fred Jones, Eddie Gill and Rod Wilmont have participated in the event. It is open to the public.
- While the other Indy news networks were too busy covering the U.S. Senior Open yesterday, Fox News showed up to interview Jones about the Pacers rebuilding for the future.
- On 1070 The Fan, Dan Dakich talked with Atlanta beat reporter, and former Pacers writer, Sekou Smith about Jones' strong work ethic and great potential for becoming a strong post presence on the Pacers.
- Tim Donahue at Eight Points, Nine Seconds put together a great column about waiting for the Pacers to do something big this summer to turn around the team's fortunes. He preaches the virtue of patience. Do I need a prescription for patience or is it over-the-counter? Because I'm about out of it.
- Eight Points, Nine Seconds also interviews a member of the Daily Thunder to gain some perspective on new Pacers player Earl Watson.
- Since Larry Bird and Danny Ainge can't figure out this complicated sign-and-trade between the Celtics and Pacers, add your input by developing your own trade scenario with SHaFF87's fanpost.
- Celtics Blog is wondering when stuff is going to happen with the Daniels trade.
- It's only fitting that Jamaal Tinsley is probably going to two of the least favorite teams of Indiana Pacers fans. He met with the Knicks yesterday to feel out their mutual interest in one another, and he's scheduled to meet with Miami soon.
- Finally, former Pacer player Ike Diogu signed a contract with the New Orleans Hornets yesterday.