With the Indiana Pacers summer league practice session underway and the NBA free agent market becoming thinner by the hour, here are some links to keep you on top of the action.
- After the first day of summer league practice completed, Roy Hibbert sat down with Mike Wells to tell the world that he's motivated by skeptics to become the best center on the team.
- Bruno gave us an inside look at the first day of practice. Coach Jim O'Brien is taking the helm of the team this summer as he wants as much time as possible with his young players.
- Rookie Tyler Hansbrough is still receiving attention about his intensity in practice. Fox-59 News says the former UNC player's greatest strength is his passion for the game.
- ESPN updated its Ultimate Standings, a ranking that situates every major sports franchise. The Pacers, which ranked No. 112 last year, jumped up 16 spots for the 2009 edition. The story gave the Pacers the biggest props for their fan affordability.
- Marcin Gortat, who the Pacers were reportedly chasing in the free-agent market, is close to becoming a Dallas Maverick, according to the Dallas Morning News.
- In other free agent news, former Pacer Ron Artest is changing roster spots with Trevor Ariza. Artest signed with the Lakers, while Ariza is the newest addition for the Houston Rockets.
- Bill Benner of the Indianapolis Business Journal comments on the great summer that the Indiana Fever are having in the WNBA.