Here are a few links of interest as we take a deep breath prepare to enjoy the All-Star break:
- Pacers.com is loaded with goodies to tide you over through the long weekend. First, we have Danny Granger's first All-Star blog in which he discusses the logistics of including family and friends as well as his 3-ball preparations. Here is video of his practice session. 15 points won't do it, hopefully he'll step up with the bright lights on as he has so far this season. Granger will be updating the blog this weekend, so you can keep up at Danny Granger All-Star Central.
- Troy Murphy checks in with another stellar blog, this time focusing on Valentine's Day and ways to avoid trouble with your loved one. I love the subtlly sardonic style Murph brings to the blog.
- Speaking of sardonic, the leader in the clubhouse, Mark Boyle, is back with another podcast, chatting up Kendallville native and former Pacer/Boilermaker, Brad Miller.
Mike Wells reports on Granger prepping for the 3-point shootout while Larry Bird taps into his experience as a three-time champ. "He's got a (heck) of a chance to win it," the Pacers president said.
"The first round is always the key. If he can get by it, he'll settle down and get into a rhythm. The key to the thing is, you're not really going against anyone else. You're going against the balls going in the hole."
- Danny Granger lands at 17 on the Simmons Trave Value rankings.
- John Schuhmann focuses on Granger's rising game as he heads to Phoenix for the All-Star Game.