Thank you Fox Sports for having the foresight to not air last night's beatdown in Orlando. Listening to the Magic romp the Pacers was bad enough.
The loss meant the Magic stay undefeated in preseason play, while the Pacers fall to 2-4 with one game remaining at Assembly Hall in Bloomington on Friday. More than likely, the team will be playing short-handed again with players trying to rest up and get healthy for next week's season-opener at Atlanta.
But I'm trying to focus too much on the
bleak promising future. If you really want to dwell on last night's outing, or you need your fix of Reggie Miller scandals and more season previews, then check out the links after the jump. But don't say that I didn't warn you.
- I'm sure Mike Wells was glad that he didn't make the trip all the way to Orlando for this one. The Indianapolis Star posted the AP report for the contest, while Wells blogged back in here Indy about the Pacers lack of a secondary scoring threat to compliment Danny Granger.
- Fan House also recognized The Lone Granger as the lone superstar and attribute on the Pacers roster.
- Box score for last night's game, along with Tom's recap of the contest.
- If you want to see what joy, happiness and success looks like, then check out Third Quarter Collapse's write-up for the Orlando version. We really need to look into trading names with their blog.
- The Orlando Sentinel gave Solomon Jones a brief story about the Central Florida native trying to earn a starting spot on the blue and gold.
- Ready for another season preview? This one is actually worth it as our friends at Eight Points, Nine Seconds puts together a nice catalog of season previews along with their own unique take on the upcoming year.
- John Oesher, who has taken over Indiana Pacers duties at Examiner.com, posted his take on the latest positive news surrounding the injuries of Tyler Hansbrough and Mike Dunleavy.
- USAToday reports that Maceo Baston, who played for the Pacers last season, has been waived by the Pistons.
- And, finally, poor Reggie Miller. After all that crap surrounding him earlier this summer about him trying to get Alex von Furstenberg's woman, the saga still isn't over. Alex threatened to "beat down" Reggie after stalking him to his car outside of a Malibu restaurant. Now the pages have turned and Reggie has handed Alex his own restraining order.