We have some real, live basketball tonight people. No, it doesn't count but after five and a half months this first preseason game is always an exciting highlight on the calendar. The Chicago Bulls are in town sans Ben Gordon and, like the Pacers, the Bulls are hoping to improve their defense to compensate for the lost offense.
Tonight's game will not be televised locally but we'll have the action covered here as will Bruno on Pacers.com. I will be at the game with plans to keep this thread updated, so lend Mark Boyle and Slick Leonard an ear, even if you track down the Chicago television broadcast, and join me for some first impressions on all of the new faces in blue and gold.
As always, Blog A Bull has the Chicago fan's perspective covered. After the jump, a few additional game night links:
- David Morway is pleased with the direction the Pacers are headed as they slowly climb up the rebuilding process.
- Sam Perkins offers his smoov thoughts on the player on and off court responsibilities.
- Former Pacer/Boiler Brad Milleris living the offseason dream life. Well, assuming you dream of hunting and fishing.
- Joakim Noah is looking to build of his strong playoff performance last season.
- IU stat guru, Wayne Winston continues his discussion with TrueHoop about what he offers Mark Cuban and the Dallas Mavericks