It's hard to believe, but the Indiana Pacers overseas preseason trip to Asia is nearly over as it will climax tonight (or tomorrow, depending on your preference) at Midnight with the second, and final, meeting between the blue and gold and the Denver Nuggets.
Both teams are gearing up to make this a good outing for the fans in Beijing, China. Pacers coach Jim O'Brien told the China View that this is "a game we don't want to lose", while Carmelo Anthony noted that he and his teammates will "come all out for victory". The game will air on FSN tonight at Midnight on the East Coast. This is the last chance to catch the Pacers on local TV until the regular season begins.
Check out more links after the jump on the Asia trip, the CIB and the WNBA Finals fate of the Indiana Fever.
- If you are handy in the language of Chinese, or you have access to the Google Translate button, check out the China Pacers site for updated notes and stories on where and what the team is doing on Chinese soil. Also, keep up to date with the Pacers Asia Games site on NBA.com.
- The Indiana Fever played the deciding Game 5 of the WNBA Finals last night and the team will fly back to Indiana without the hardware. The Indianapolis Star has the Fever's loss covered.
- The Capital Improvement Board continues to struggle financially, and the Indy Star notes that they layed off nine administrative positions at the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium yesterday.
- Ex-Pacers player Marquis Daniels is getting Celtics coaches and fans excited about his potential at the point guard position for their team this season, according to the Boston Globe.
- For all you "plus-minus" freaks out there, here's an interesting story by TrueHoop on ESPN about Kevin Durant's peculiar affect on the plus-minus of the Thunder last season and what it means for the stat.