|December 19, 2008 - 7:00PM EST|
|Radio: 1070AM WFNI TV: No Local/KTLA NBALP|
|Baron Davis||PG||T.J. Ford|
|Eric Gordon||SG||Marquis Daniels|
|Al Thornton||SF||Danny Granger|
|Zach Randolph||PF||Troy Murphy|
|Marcus Camby||C||Rasho Nesterovic|
UPDATE: Bruno's LIVE! blog is up with some crazy news. Whoa!
Danny Granger, Marquis Daniels and Troy Murphy spent Friday in the hospital dealing with the virus that is sweeping the locker room. They're receiving intravenous fluids to combat dehydration and will not be on the team plane to Philadelphia tonight for tomorrow's game against the 76ers.
The Indiana Pacers take on the Los Angeles Clippers tonight at the Fieldhouse. The Clippers start a pair of local high school legends in rookie Eric Gordon (North Central) and veteran black hole, Zach Randolph (Marion).
I was actually in attendance for the last high school game for both players which was the State Finals at the Fieldhouse for their respective senior years. Randolph absolutely destroyed Jared Jeffries and a young Sean May to win the title for Marion. Gordon's North Central team came up short in the final despite a second half scoring barage from EJ.
Along with EJ and Z-Bo, the Clippers run out some formidable talent that has been playing well together of late. Baron Davis is always a threat to single-handedly win a game and Marcus Camby could have a field day at both games in the post. The Clips have won three of their last four including wins over Houston and at Portland. They appeared to have Chicago beat on Wednesday before Gordon brain-faded fouled Ben Gordon, leading to a four-point play which tied the game late. The Clips would lose in overtime.
Hopefully the Pacers will have a few more bodies available. Sounds like T.J. Ford will be a game-time decision and Troy Murphy won't be at full strength as he recovers from a flu virus. Marquis Daniels strained his neck late in Wednesday's game but expects to play.
- Jeff Rabjohns catches up with Eric Gordon, focusing on his transition to the NBA.
- ESPN's Daily Dime has an interview with Danny Granger from Scott Van Pelt's radio show.
- Matt Steinmetz has some harsh words for Jim O'Brien's response when asked if he's worried about losing his job. Seems to me JOB just admitted Larry Bird hired him two summers ago with the promise to rebuild a roster that at the time included Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley. JOB didn't say he wasn't trying to win 50, just that with a rebuild in the works it wasn't expected. I'm sure the players would laugh upon hearing JOB doesn't have high expectations. Heck, Bird could give him five guys from the Baxter YMCA and JOB would grind and push and lose sleep trying to win every game.
- Basketbawful notes Danny Granger defying the Contract Year Phenomenon by putting up big numbers AFTER signing a big contract extension.
- For your listening pleasure, make sure to keep up with Mark Boyle's podcasts.
Leave your thoughts and observations in the comments.