- Carlisle did indeed shake up the starting line up, going with Jeff Foster for Troy Murphy in an effort to get a little more scoring coming off the bench. Unfortunately Foster was on the bench after 3 minutes with 2 fouls. Within 30 seconds of his return he had a third foul and ended up only playing 7 minutes. Murphy was 2-8 from the field contributing nicely to the Pacers' awful shooting night.
- Marquis Daniels didn't play for the Pacers, but the Clippers started the game in worse injury shape missing Sam Cassell and Shaun Livingston.
- The Pacers were down 13 at the half but the way they were playing it seemed like in insurmountable deficit. It was.
- No Pacer who played more than 10 minutes shot over 50 percent for the night. Danny Granger was 2-8 and more alarmingly, Quinn Buckner noted his release is completely screwed up pushing the ball off target. Are the misses getting to his head?
- Here we are again at .500 with playoff hopes in serious jeopardy. I can't see how Carlisle can return next year if the Pacers can't turn it around and make the playoff. A new voice will be needed to get some different results out of these guys.
- The Pacers have two days off before playing at the Sacramento Kings. I have a feeling Ronnie will feel better about playing the Pacers at home. No excuse not to be ready.