Coach Vogel reports the Lance Stephenson will be out tonight and Danny Granger will start.— Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) February 7, 2014
Veteran reserve Danny Granger will join the starting lineup for the rematch with the Blazers. Stephenson injured his back after a wild fall during the team's win over the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday night. That last time Stephenson missed a game was coincidentally in Atlanta when the Pacers lost to the Hawks in early January.
Stephenson had one of his worst games of the season when the Pacers lost to Portland in early December when he fouled out with just two points, two assists and three turnovers. Granger was not available for the loss in Portland while still recovering from his knee injury. Rasual Butler will likely fill in the reserve wing minutes for Granger.
With Orlando Johnson off to Fort Wayne, rookie Solomon Hill will be the next man in line for any needed wing minutes.
- Pacers Links: Paul George teaming up for revamped NBA All-Star dunk contest
- Pacers assign Orlando Johnson to Fort Wayne in the D-League
- Paul George to Compete in Sprite Slam Dunk Contest
- Pacers Links: A look at Lance Stephenson and other young shooting guards on the rise
- Lance Stephenson Injury Update: Vogel doesn't rule out Stephenson playing on Friday