Grantland's Bill Simmons interviewed several All-Stars down in New Orleans including the best defensive player in the game, Roy Hibbert.
The pair riffed off of his recent SI profile which took a look at how Hibbert turned himself into the league's best rim protector. Simmons raised a good point about giving up some of his secrets which may help opponents counter. Hibbert dismissed the issue figuring if he has opponents like LeBron James trying to change what they are comfortable doing then his defense is already done.
They also discuss the rise of Paul George and Lance Stephenson (and his "Harlem Globetrotter type stuff"), the team's collective shoulder chip and of course, the rivalry with the Miami Heat. Also, a Larry Bird story with Shawne Williams prodding the legend into a shooting beat down.
- NBA All-Star 2014: East tops West 163-155, Paul George scores 18
- NBA All-Star Game 2014: Game thread, lineups and more
- East wins Dunk Contest, Paul George goes between the legs on a 360
- NBA All-Star Saturday Night: Slam dunk game thread #SeePGFly
- Frank Vogel, Paul George Talk Pacers at All-Star Weekend