The Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame will enshrine its 2013 class on Sunday afternoon with a group that includes former ABA and Pacers legend Roger Brown. The other inductees are Gary Payton, Bernard King, Oscar Schmidt, Rick Pitino, Jerry Tarkanian, Dawn Staley, Guy Lewis, Sylvia Hatchell, Roger Brown, Dr. E.B. Henderson, Russ Granik, and Richard Guerin.
This is a great day for the Pacers franchise and the surviving members of Roger Brown's family. It will also be special to have Reggie Miller and Mel Daniels on hand to present Brown. Last year, health problems kept Daniels from enjoying his enshrinement moment in person, but I have a feeling he will enjoy this visit to Springfield more when he can talk about a teammate instead of himself.
Of course, the Hall will never be complete without Slick Leonard's inclusion, so I can't let the day go by without mentioning the travesty and once again imploring the Hoops Hall to get it right for Slick while he can still enjoy it. Just look at your embarrassing group of contributors to the game compared to Slick and figure it out!
The ceremony will begin at 2 p.m. shown live from the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass. on NBA TV.
More from Indy Cornrows:
- George Hill, Paul George hype up G2 Zone at Purdue football game
- Paul George back in Indy, making himself feel at home with Pacers
- 2013 Hall of Fame: Fellow Pacers legends to present Roger Brown at Hall of Fame
- Pacers' Scola lead Argentina into second round of FIBA Americas Championship
- NBA Most Hyped: Sarunas Jasikevicius couldn't live up to the Euro hype for the Pacers