As I mentioned last week, all signs point to Paul George signing contract extension before the season starts. No other options makes sense for both the player and the team. Today Paul George further confirmed that sentiment with his comments on the topic to Indy Star reporter Michael Pointer.
"(A long-term contract) is going to get done," George told The Indianapolis Star. "There will be a deal signed and sealed on the table before the season. We're (George and Pacers management) on the same page."
Just a little more good news for the Pacers heading into the start of training camp which is set to begin at the end of next week. It appears that Pointer dropped this story as his final effort as the Pacers interim beat writer roughly an hour after the Star announced Candace Buckner as the new beat writer for the Pacers upcoming season. Buckner spent last season covering the Portland Trail Blazers for The Vancouver Columbian in Vancouver, WA.
Welcome to Indy, Ms. Buckner!
More from Indy Cornrows:
- Bulls' coach Thibodeau already working officials to handle Pacers, Hibbert
- Which former player would help the current Pacers the most?
- Pacers Links: David Harrison lends a hand to flood victims; Talking Pacers and Bulls
- Indy Cornrows Courtside Podcast: Tom Lewis
- Pacers Links: Keeping an eye on Eastern Conference foes, talking Pacers with Phil Naessens