One of the added benefits of the Indiana Pacers trade for George Hill was the point guard's strong relationship with his former team in San Antonio. That allowed Hill to put his center Roy Hibbert in touch with Tim Duncan two years ago for some doctoral level work in the post which has played a part in Hibbert's continual development into a major post presence for the Pacers.
Apparently, Hibbert made his sojourn to San Antonio today according to his Twitter feed. Hibbert doesn't specifically mention working out with Timmy, but I'm assuming his big man workout wasn't with Billy Paultz.
I seek out the best 2work out w/. No pro ams. In Texas 2work w/ a HOFer. How u gonna get better paying against scrubs pic.twitter.com/gQo2ElvzfU— Roy Hibbert (@Hoya2aPacer) August 19, 2013
Wanna thank the @spurs for letting me use their facility n workout with their players. Great big man workout today. Learned a lot.— Roy Hibbert (@Hoya2aPacer) August 19, 2013
More from Indy Cornrows:
- Three Pacers included in SB Nation's Top 100 of 2017 future player ranking
- Would developing Paul George's isolation game hinder the Pacers?
- Indy Cornrows Courtside Podcast: Tim Donahue
- Paul George ready and willing to be top option for Pacers
- Pacers Links: Preseason schedule, Popeye Jones officially announced