Kevin C. Cox
Three Hall of Famers put a scarring image to the Pacers early in the franchise's history, but things got better for the Pacers on this date.
- 1980: Pistol Pete Maravich scored 31 for the Celtics leading them to a 114-102 win.
- 1981: Another Hall of Famer, Julius Erving, scored 25 in a slow start for the Pacers. 76ers win, 107-95.
- 1988: Charles Barkley dropped a double-double on the Pacers. His 30-point, 10-rebound night was more than enough in a 129-109 76ers win over Indiana. Ron Anderson led Indiana with 17 points.
- 1989: After going 0-for-3 on this date, Indiana finally gets a win over Chicago, 114-103. Chuck Person led with 30 points while LaSalle Thompson turned in a 16-point and 12-rebound double-double.
- 1991: In a quiet night around the league, the Suns were anything but quiet. Phoenix won 111-103 with Tom Chambers being the leader with 21 points. Reggie Miller and Detlef Scrempf each scored 20 for the Pacers.
- 1992: Indiana scored 16 in the overtime period to knock off the Heat 116-111. All five Miami starters scored in double figures. Chuck Person nailed four 3-pointers for 27 points.
- 1994: Indiana shot 42 percent in a defensive battle against Atlanta, but lost to the Hawks, 81-78. Atlanta shot just above 45 percent.
- 1997: The Pacers shot nearly 58 percent on 46-of-80 shooting in an offensive showcase against the Timberwolves, 115-97. Miller led with 27 points, including hitting a trey of treys.
- 2000: Indiana turned in a 53 percent performance from the floor to win their third straight while at home over the Hornets, 113-99. Indiana almost held Charlotte to 42 percent shooting. Rik Smits had 16 points and 12 rebounds.
- 2001: The Kings were one of the better shooting 3-point teams coming into this game, but the Pacers weren't having any of it. Sacramento shot just 3-for-17. Indiana, however, saw seven 3-pointers go in, including four from Miller.
- 2005: Miller scored 39 points over the Lakers and beat them by six, 103-97. He hit 13 field goals and again, a trey of treys.
- 2009: Greg Oden returned from the injured list, but wasn't a factor. Danny Granger scored 35 for the Pacers, but the Blazers still won 95-85.
- 2011: Indiana's defensive stand in overtime against the Bulls gave them a home win, 115-108. Chicago fans are currently missing Derrick Rose, who scored 42 on this night.
- 2013: Gerald Green put in a big 20-point night off the bench while Tyler Hansbrough put in a 18-point, 11-rebound night over the Cavaliers in a 111-90 win.