After George Hill splashed one of his four three-pointers in New Orleans on Wednesday, I noticed a familiar little limp as Hill made his way back down the court and then into a timeout huddle. The strange gait was a familiar site after watching Hill deal with a nagging hip injury for long stretches last season.
Apparently, the hip issues remain in play for G3 as he as out the bulk of the Pacers practice on Friday and is considered day-to-day with a sore hip. Following practice, Frank Vogel said he didn't think the hip would keep Hill out of the game against Cleveland on Saturday night, although I'm sure Hill will be evaluated closer to game time to make a final decision.
As for Hill, he didn't even want to admit to any injury concerns, instead playing off his lack of practice time as him simply needing a little rest now that he's considered a salty vet, as Scott Agness reported.
"It's like my 16th year," Hill joked. "Coach just said, ‘You're a '95 Mercedes right now. We have to save your miles.' I have 300,000 miles on my car so it was in the shop today [for a] fuel check, oil check, things like that."
Hill's hip struggles surface last year at the beginning of the season when he sat out preseason games to give the hip enough rest to start the regular season.
More from Indy Cornrows:
- Pacers Links: Pacers prepar for Cavs; Roy Hibbert, dog Sadie talk with Ken Jeong on SportsCenter
- Pacers Links: Fox Sports expands reach of Pacers broadcasts; Gordon Hayward will be restricted free agent
- Pacers Predictions: Analyzing the Experts
- Pacers Links: Rally past Pelicans shows growth of Pacers
- George Hill, Pacers overcome adversity for big road win against Pelicans