To the victor goes the spoils and with all of the winning the Pacers are doing to start the NBA regular season, it comes as no surprise that Paul George was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week.
The Pacers are 7-0 but the honor covers the four games played from Nov. 4 thru Nov.10. During those four games, PG averaged 24.8 points, 7.5 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.75 steals. His best numbers came in the Pacers win over Detroit when George scored 31 points and hauled down 10 rebounds. For the season, PG is currently third in the league in scoring with a 25.1 ppg average.
A new name earned the honor for the Western Conference with Phoenix forward Markief Morris taking the Player of the Week honors for his contributions to the Suns' 5-2 start. By the way, the Suns are off to their great start with both Miles Plumlee and Gerald Green in the starting lineup.
More from Indy Cornrows:
- Grizzlies vs. Pacers: Game coverage
- Pacemakers: What to like (and what to fear) about the Pacers' 7-0 start
- Pacers Links: Grizzlies in town with Veteran's Day ticket deals on Blue and Gold Monday
- Pacers Injury Update: Danny Granger Refutes Claims of 'Knee Soreness'
- Pacers Links: 7-0 start draws plenty of attention after winning in Brooklyn