Any commercial featuring a deadpan punchline delivered by Larry Bird works well, something McDonald's knows quite well. So naturally, when Mickey D's set out to hump their new Mighty Wings, including Bird in the sell was perfect.
The gag was set up earlier in the NFL season with Joe Flacco and Colin Kaepernick updating the old Michael Jordan/Bird showdown commercial by challenging each other to a series of trick passes that is interrupted by a power outage. When the lights come back on the wings are gone.
McDonald's is now ready to roll out the conclusion to the missing wings investigation which ends with the Pacers prez chowing down. Check it out.
More from Indy Cornrows:
- Pacers Links: Pacers stay busy in Manila; Talking Pacers and Bulls with Phil Naessens
- Pacers among NBA's best championship odds, still play underdogs against East's elite
- Pacers' single-game tickets go on sale Wednesday
- Pacers Links: Pacers, Rockets a big story in Manila; Vogel thanks Dwight Howard for 'staying out West'
- NBA Previews: Atlantic and Pacific Division links