Both teams look different than they did when they last met in late May but for the Pacers the challenge remains the same: trying to prove they can play with the elite teams in the NBA.
As Mark Montieth reports, the Pacers expect to give the Heat their best shot.
"If we can't get up for this game, then we really aren't prepared for the season," Paul George said. "This is a game we really should be ready for."
That's what makes the Heat a truly elite NBA team. Every night they get the other team's best effort and still maintain the best record in the East. But c'mon, they're still the Heat. The South Beach floppers must have reformed their ways either that or I've missed the flopping warnings coming from the league office. Yeah, right. Too bad Danny Granger won't be available tonight to take issue with every little slight the Heat direct toward the blue and gold.
An interesting subplot should be seeing how Lance Stephenson handles his much bigger role with the Pacers against Dwyane Wade. After the media seized on his choke sign on the bench last year, Wade and LeBron James may be looking to make sure he remembers their visit. At least Stephenson won't have to worry about Dexter Pittman trying to decapitate him like he did in the playoffs during garbage time. Pittman was in Sioux Falls last night putting up a tidy double-double in the D-League.
Check out the links:
- Game Preview: Pacers vs Heat | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Heat Game Should Bring Out Best in Pacers | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers want to even score vs. vaunted Heat | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers Sign Vogel to Extension | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Heat-Pacers Preview - Yahoo! Sports
- Muhammad and Me | Pacers.com
- Pacers sign head coach Frank Vogel to contract extension | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Miami Heat, just 7-6 on the road, begins long trip Tuesday night | www.palmbeachpost.com
- Miami Heat: The Heat begin a six-game road trip Tuesday against the Indiana Pacers - Sun Sentinel
- Who's to blame for Miami's rebound woes? - Heat Index Blog - ESPN
- Heat trim roster in possible move for Chris Andersen - Hot Hot Hoops
- Scott Skiles is no longer Milwaukee Bucks coach - usatoday.com
- Knicks’ Anthony confronts Celtics’ Garnett at team bus after chippy game | The Point Forward - SI.com
- Player movement primer: Contract guarantee deadline edition | The Point Forward - SI.com
- Eric Gordon carries Hornets to victory over Spurs
- Freefall from championship perch wearing on Mavs, Nowitzki | NBA.com
- Here's Bradley Beal's buzzer beater - Bullets Forever