In 2009 on this date, Danny Granger hits a buzzer-beating three-pointer to give the Pacers a win, while two legends help their teams beat the Pacers in the 1980s in "This Day in Pacers History."
- 1979: Brad Davis scored 25 points via 10 made field goals in a 112-97 win over Atlanta. Following closely is Alex English with 18 points.
- 1981: Despite scoring 19 points in the fourth quarter, the Pacers beat the Nets 112-103 for the team's fourth straight win of the season. Billy Knight's 21 points and Davis's 20 to lead the Pacers.
- 1983: Phoenix beat Indiana 108-101 to hand the Pacers their 21st loss of the year. Butch Carter scored 24 points on 12-for-20 shooting, but all five Suns starters scored in double digits to prevail over Indiana.
- 1984: New York put up 140 points to Indiana's 103 in Madison Square Garden to hand Indiana's 22nd loss. Bernard King could hardly miss the basket (14-for-18 FG) on 29 points while Bill Cartwright scored 21 points for the Knicks. Leroy Combs led the Pacers with 15 points.
- 1986: Patrick Ewing helped the Knicks beat the Pacers 93-85 thanks to his 24 points and eight rebounds. Steve Stipanovich scored a team-high 16 points for the Pacers.
- 1988: Terry Cummings scored 32 points for Milwaukee, but the Bucks fell short to the Pacers 114-108. All five starters for Indiana found themselves in double-digits. Indiana made 14 more free throws than Milwaukee.
- 1989: Isiah Thomas scored nearly a third of all Detroit's points (31), but it wasn't enough to beat the Pacers on this night. Indiana won 113-99, giving Indiana a three-game winning streak.
- 1995: Hakeem Olajuwon enjoyed putting up double-doubles against the Pacers, and he put up another one in this game (27 pts., 15 rebs.). However, it was the Pacers who won 88-83 thanks to Reggie Miller's 23 points.
- 1997: Dale Davis shot a perfect 9-for-9 from the floor to get himself 21 points in a 95-90 win over Cleveland.
- 2009: Danny Granger nails a three-pointer at the buzzer to cloud the Suns' chances of beating the Pacers, 113-110. Granger ended up with 37 points.
- 2011: Tyler Hansbrough had a career night against the Spurs, but it wasn't enough to beat San Antonio as they fell 90-87. The Pacers couldn't make a basket in the fourth quarter which included not making a basket in nearly four minutes. Indiana was toward the bottom of the top eight of the Eastern Conference at this point.
- 2012: Indiana beat Charlotte in a 99-77 cruise fest over the Bobcats. Roy Hibbert scores 20 to boost the Pacers to 6-2.